Work for Mills Roofing
A team of high mountain roofing experts protecting your home.
If you are looking to become a part of a team that learns together and grows together, apply to work with us at Mills Roofing. If you have never roofed before, we take the time to teach you the ropes and enable you to do your job the best way possible. We want to work with you to help you grow – the sky’s the limit! Learn more about the history of Mills Roofing and our team on our About Us page.
We aim to maintain a positive and safe work environment for our employees.
Become a Roofer
Take on the challenge of a rewarding career outdoors in the Sierra Nevada mountains surrounding Lake Tahoe. At Mills Roofing, we are a team of high mountain roofing experts dedicated to protecting Truckee/Tahoe homes.
Mills Roofing has opportunities for full-time roof installers for composition and metal. We have a team of workers with positive attitudes who are motivated to work hard. This job requires moderate to heavy physical activities. Because this job requires safety awareness at all times, Mills Roofing is a drug-free workplace.
- Tear-off old roofing, clean and prepare the roof for dry-in
- Understand dry-in procedures and install underlayments
- Install materials on steep pitch roof
- Clean up and inspect the finished project
- Plan ahead and work on all aspects of projects
- Able to give directions to helpers and follow instructions from supervisors
- Three years prior roofing experience, preferably with composition and metal
- Hand Tools, all standard tools, such as roofing hammer, tape measure, etc
- Knowledge of operation of small equipment, such as compressors, nail guns, skill saws, drills
- Valid driver’s license is required
- OSHA 10 certification card required
- Must be a Nevada resident
- Reliable Hourly Pay, based on experience
- Transportation to the job site from Reno provided
- all Safety Equipment and Small Roofing Equipment (compressors, drills, guns, etc) provided
- Medical Insurance, 100% paid for employee
- Retirement Fund with Employer Matching
- Sick Leave
- Overtime opportunities
We have a program to make sure our roofers are ready to climb the ladder of success; moving from Apprentice to Roofer, to Foreman Assistant, to Foreman, and finally to Supervisor at regular intervals. Every 6 months you are given a set of goals to achieve and earn raises according to your completion of those challenges.
Don’t sit at a desk all day, get outside! The Lake Tahoe area is known worldwide for its stunning beauty and cool temperatures. The views from the rooftops are amazing. In your off time, there is plenty of outdoor activities and adventures to be had, like hiking, rock climbing, swimming, mountain biking, kayaking or paddleboarding.[/fusion_toggle]
Benefits of working for Mills Roofing:
Competitive Wages – opportunities for raises after every 6 months
Paid Medical Benefits
Retirement Plans – with employer matching contributions
A Beautiful Outdoor Work Environment
Here’s what our current employees say about working at Mills Roofing!
Steve- Employed at Mills Roofing for 10mos– I love working at Mills Roofing because they took the time to teach me from the ground up. LITERALLY!
Ernesto- Employed at Mills Roofing for 4 years
— Mills Roofing is an exceptional company to work for. Not only did they teach me how to roof at an extremely professional level, they showed me how to put a smile on a customer’s face by helping them get through a leaky or faulty roof due to the tough weather up on the hill. Roofing done right, and I’m glad to be a part of it.
Nathan– Employed at Mills Roofing for “Quite a few years”
— I have moved up through the ranks, because they hire from within. I am now a Foreman. I started my roofing career in about May of 2000. I’ve worked for numerous companies that were very difficult to work for. Since I’ve been with Mills Roofing, Inc, I have been taken care of very well. Their benefits package is impeccable. Hands down, this is the best company I have worked for and not only do I love working for Mills Roofing, I am blessed to be here and I would recommend this company to anybody!