Take on the challenge of a rewarding career outdoors in the Sierra Nevada mountains surrounding Lake Tahoe. At Mills Roofing, we are a team of high mountain roofing experts dedicated to protecting Truckee/Tahoe homes.
Mills Roofing has opportunities for full-time roof installers for composition and metal with at least 3 years of experience. We have a team of workers with positive attitudes who are motivated to work hard. This job requires moderate to heavy physical activities. Because this job requires safety awareness at all times, Mills Roofing is a drug-free workplace.
- Tear-off old roofing, clean and prepare the roof for dry-in
- Understand dry-in procedures and install underlayments
- Install materials on steep pitch roof
- Clean up and inspect the finished project
- Plan ahead and work on all aspects of projects
- Able to give directions to helpers and follow instructions from supervisors
- Three years prior roofing experience, preferably with composition and metal
- Hand Tools, all standard tools, such as roofing hammer, tape measure, etc
- Knowledge of operation of small equipment, such as compressors, nail guns, skill saws, drills
- Valid driver’s license is required
- OSHA 10 certification card required
- Able to pass a drug test
- Reliable Hourly Pay, based on experience
- Transportation to the job site from Reno provided
- all Safety Equipment and Small Roofing Equipment (compressors, drills, guns, etc) provided
- Medical Insurance, 100% paid for employee
- Retirement Fund with Employer Matching
- Sick Leave
- Overtime opportunities
- Quarterly Employee Performance Bonuses
There is a lot of potential for growth as our company has a solid reputation as the “Best of Best” stemming from our 40 years of knowledge and experience in the harsh alpine conditions. It’s a tough environment for waterproofing a home but we know how to do it right. Educating our new employees into the Mills method is a high priority for us.
We have a program to make sure our roofers are ready to climb the ladder of success; moving from Apprentice to Roofer, to Foreman Assistant, to Foreman, and finally to Supervisor at regular intervals. Every 6 months you are given a set of goals to achieve and earn raises according to your completion of those challenges.
Don’t sit at a desk all day, get outside! The Lake Tahoe area is known worldwide for its stunning beauty and cool temperatures. The views from the rooftops are amazing. In your off time, there is plenty of outdoor activities and adventures to be had, like hiking, rock climbing, swimming, mountain biking, kayaking or paddleboarding.